Sunday, September 10, 2006

Newer Paintings

I did this painting originally for DAW Books as a cover to Fitzpatrick's War by Theodore Judson. About three weeks ago I put it back on my easel and this is the result. The painting is 32 X 21 and it was done in oils. It's been retitled Abbey Air Race.



Last month I went to the World SF Convention in Anaheim. It was a good show for me. I met a lot of very nice friendly people, very few of whom I remember. These things are just too much for me to process. It's now all hazy. Before the show I promised myself I'd do a number of new watercolors. My plan is to put them in my book Gnemo to augment the oil paintings and drawings in that book or to make a series of 'sketchbooks' that would make up Gnemo's Journal. Here is the only one to come back from that show. The Great Blue Aeros (11X14).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your work! I just found you today, and happily added you to my hoard of artists. I can't wait until your book comes out...

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Lee's Toy and Hobby said...

Great post much appreciate the time you took to write this

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home