Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Halloween: Number One of Two



The more I paint the more I want to draw. The more I draw the more I want to paint. Then there's inking. I love to work in pen & ink. You can get so much out of a line. It's spooky -- BOO!

I know that's pretty lame but that's what Halloween is all about, bad puns and being horrifically unfunny. The pen & ink above is a frontispiece for an anthology called "Witch Way to the Mall" edited by Esther Friesner. (See what I mean about puns). I'll post the cover for the book later, nearer to Halloween.

I've added a new blog to my blog links. It's The Bastion: Web Journal of Fantasy Author John Marco. He asked me to do a guest blog and doing it reminded me how much I liked doing my own blog. Thank you John. John has a new book coming out I did a wraparound cover to called "Starfinder." I'll post it here at some point but if you want to see it sooner you can click on the link to John's blog. You'll need to scroll down when you get to his blog though.

7 Comments:

Blogger Midnight Philosopher said...

Hey Tom. Thanks for the mention. That's a terrific drawing, btw. Glad to see you back at the blog.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Cortney Skinner said...

Great Pen & Ink, Tom!...lots of energy in the linework...and then the eyes rest on the big black panther-like cat.
- Cort

8:58 PM  
Blogger Marcelo Vignali said...

Hey, it's good to have you back!

12:11 AM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Mmmmm - fun, spooky ink-work!

(Yes, someday share your scary knife-welding maniac stories! Life is really interesting, isn't it?)

3:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're back! Good to hear from you sir, and even nicer to ..uh...see from you ! The images look wonderful as always...and I had to comment on this lovely ink drawing. It's a beauty!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Leslie Sealey said...

It's great to see you posting again!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous pharmacy said...

Old creepy houses give a great sense of suspend and you did a great job with draw.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home