Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Unraveled



For a while now I've been doing a series of drawings I call "Fabric Dancers." All of these begin with only a vague notion of what I want to do. The idea is to do the same thing over and over and still be different. I haven't grown tired of it yet. The people in all of these drawings are floating as if they weigh nothing. This picture works on its sides but not as well upside down. I can't explain that. This is the way I drew it though. Under my previous posts click on "The How, Why and Why Not?" to see another one of these dancers. You can see a couple more of these pictures by clicking the title link along with other drawings I've done.

This one is on conceptart.org in the Sketches & Works in Progress thread. I've been a member of that art community for a few years but I never posted. For some reason the site doesn't like me and kicks me off regularly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Arkady Roytman said...

do you have any plans to paint this one? it's already a beautiful sketch, i can only imagine what would happen if you paint it.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Tom Kidd said...

I keep thinking that I'll set aside my regular book cover work, take all of my less complicated idea drawings and just spend every hour I can of a particular month to paint as many of them as I can. Typically they don't get done till someone asks me to do a demo or needs something small for a miniature show.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home